Time just flew by! Seems like yesterday when I signed up for mission trip. We had our last mission trip prep meeting today and we’re off to Vietnam next Sunday! Sooooooo exciting! Can’t wait to go there and bless the people! To see Jesus’ superabundant grace explode in Vietnam, flooding our weaknesses with His dynamite strength.
We had the quite impromptu sharing and free flow worship for the last 3 hours of the meeting and it was AWESOME!!! Felt so touched by what everyone shared, about their journey and what they’re expecting for this trip and then during the free flow worship, it’s just the outpouring of God’s love and it is out of that overflow that we’d be able to be a blessing to others.
I really love that the platform f/r mission trip is set right, that a lot of our meetings have been taken up by sharing, meditation or free flow worship and that we are so well-fed not so well-fed not only during GenRev or Sunday services or CG, but even at the mission trip meetings when planning time turns into feeding time, LOVE IT! As much as we’re going to Vietnam to serve, to be a blessing, it’s about Jesus first serving us, and He’s serving us so so much and will continue to do so throughout the trip. I just love serving because it’s really seeing how Jesus serves us, remembered Pst Ben saying that those who serve see the hands of God, but those who don’t only see the miracles; it really is a privilege to serve. Also love what Coach Yvonne shared in an email before IDU/DTB last year, that “when your heart is moved by Him, your hands move for Him”.
I’ve already received so much from prep, just mind-blown at how Jesus is for sure gonna top that on the trip, can’t even begin to imagine how blessed we’d be. :D
Caught part of the livestream (cos the beginning had some tech issues) this morning and it was sooooo awesome! Really strong presence of God when Louie closed by singing Cornerstone without music.
- Our voice is in God’s symphony
- There’s a time when you need to turn around and start preaching the gospel to yourself.
- We worship a God who not only gives songs in the daytime, but also in the nighttime.
- Grace is God at work
- It’s not Christ AND you the hope of glory, it’s God IN you the hope of glory.
- Everything I’m stressed about, dreaming about, rests on Jesus
- So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
"See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone,
a precious CORNERSTONE for a sure foundation;
the one who relies on it
will never be stricken with panic.
- Isaiah 28:16 (NIV)
Looking forward to when he comes to NCC with Chris Tomlin! One of my all time fav preachers :D Remembered being so impacted by Indescribable when Pst CK screened it at CODE RED 2008.
It really is a privilege to serve for mission trip and I’m soooo excited after the sharing today. Can’t wait to go there and be a blessing to others. Absolutely love that the focus on Jesus is just so evident, super blessed by the sharing, especially about how love is an international language. Super psyched for what’s in store for us!
One of the things shared was on expectations, we were told to expect from God and immediately, God told me to put an issue that’s been on my heart for a while as #1, to just trust that He will more than fulfill it; this issue is a personal one and to me, it seems unimportant compared to the mission trip. So I had this little internal debate going on with Him about that issue because I thought my top few expectations should go along the lines of “more wisdom, anointing, favor for the role I’m in, more fresh revelations, to see healings, miracles happen, to see the people see a great measure of God’s love manifested, etc”, and the issue seemed so selfish to me (it’s really personal and wouldn’t affect the trip) BUT I just felt Daddy God telling me to put that issue as #1 because He knows it has been weighing on my heart for a while and that He wants to fulfill my heart’s desires first because His heart is to see me happy & blessed and then I’ll be blessed to be a blessing. I actually asked Him why now and not as an expectation for Marked Camp because it seemed a more appropriate expectation for camp, and He replied that it wasn’t the right time then. He also said to be specific, in the past, I always prayed vague prayers, and this one was so specific and there was this sureness that it will come to pass that I’ve never felt before. I was so wow-ed by this, that He wants to serve me first before I serve Him, that I sorta tuned out the things that were going on for a while after that. I was stunned, stumped and just felt so so loved by Daddy God.
Serving is not just about giving, it’s about receiving first, and then giving from the overflow and knowing that God not only wants to give you the supply to serve Him, but He’s setting you up for His blessings in other areas of your life.
If this is what I received at the very first meeting, I can’t even begin to imagine how life-changing the mission trip will be.
Awed by His amazing love.
So incredibly blessed at service today! I was sooo reluctant to get out of home this morning and I don’t know why, it was just weird and so unlike me, but I did anyways. Went to get tix for 2nd, breakfast with Francine and then attended service at 11.30am, and I’m so glad I went, uber blessed that I went back for round 2 during 4th service. During worship, I just felt God say to let Him fight my battles for me and just to trust and rest in Him, and that was so needed, and the sermon was really one of the best sermons that I’ve heard Pastor Prince preach, especially the part on looking at Jesus and we become like Him, walking over the circumstances/problems and how when we look at the situation, we’re back to fear and our reasoning gets warped. Cos if I look at my situation and reason, all I’d come up with is “beyond impossible”. So always look to Jesus, have faith, obey and the understanding will come later. It’s exactly what I needed to hear so badly; holding on to hope that it will come to pass again :)
And I love that Pastor told us that God uses the blessing he pronounces over us to bless us and he asked if we’re ready to have our futures shaped and said that God will reposition circumstances to our favor. Told Francine we’ve double portion of that for the situations we’re facing cos we went for two services and to only expect good this week! Excited!
It’s not about following a set plan. If the Lord moves, you move.
Sometimes, God is silent, and it’s only when you take the first step that He reveals the next one.
When a man has favor, he gets everything.
When you have favor, you become magnetic, you become attractive.
Favor brings preparation and promotion.
For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
- reigning in life = place of promotion
- how to receive favor in abundance?
- 2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,
- through the revelation of Jesus; when you see Jesus, you receive grace and favor multiplied
- every time you see Jesus, your life gets more favored!
- when we behold Jesus, we are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory
- Jesus is full of favor, He is the epitome of favor
- When you look at Jesus, you are transformed into the same image
- which means favor starts to increase in your life
- when you see Jesus in worship, sharings, fellowship, favor increases in your life
- when you share your testimonies, you are revealing Jesus’ love and faithfulness and the people who hear it see Jesus and receive favor
Moreover He called for a famine in the land;
He destroyed all the provision of bread.
17 He sent a man before them—
Joseph—who was sold as a slave.
18 They hurt his feet with fetters,
He was laid in irons.
19 Until the time that his word came to pass,
The word of the Lord tested him.
20 The king sent and released him,
The ruler of the people let him go free.
21 He made him lord of his house,
And ruler of all his possessions,
22 To bind his princes at his pleasure,
And teach his elders wisdom.
- talks about Joseph’s humiliation (v. 16-18) and exaltation (v. 20-22)
- there are 3 verses talking about his humiliation and 3 verses talking about his exaltation, with v.19 in between
- v. 19: the key that turned everything around for Joseph
- until the time Joseph’s dreams came to pass, the Word (Jesus) tested him.
- tested = purified & refined, takes out the bad, puts in the good
- that’s favor
- when favor comes on you, favor brings what is good into your life, and if there’s anything that is bad, favor removes it
- v. 18: Genesis 39:20-21
- Then Joseph’s master took him and put him into the prison, a place where the king’s prisoners were confined. And he was there in the prison. 21 But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him mercy, and He gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
- Joseph’s lowest point in life, he was in prison
- v. 21: first time mercy & favor is mentioned together; mercy is also favor
- when Joseph was at the lowest point in his life, the Lord showed him favor and put in the good and took out the bad
- picture of the Menorah (3 verses, 1 verse, 3 verses)
- center candle = shamesh
- Just as the center verse (v. 19) was the key to Joseph’s success, so is the center branch (Jesus) to ours
- servant lamp
- The servant lamp exist to serve you favor, especially when you are in a dark place, Jesus brings you light in the darkness, favor in hopelessness. Favor will light up your life, will light up your future
- Genesis 1:1
- the word in the center is את, aleph tav, Jesus
- right from the beginning, God ordained Jesus, to be a servant
- a servant cannot function alone, He needs people to serve
- right from the beginning, Jesus was created to serve the Father and to serve you
When you see Jesus as the eternal servant, for the purpose He was created, that is when you see the greatest amount of favor.
3 Types of Offerings
- Bird: picture of Jesus coming down from heaven (offering by the poor)
- Lamb: Jesus submitting Himself as the lamb of God to die for us (offering by the middle class)
- Ox: Jesus as a servant (offering by the wealthy)
The bird represents someone who is poor spiritually, ie. only knows Jesus as coming from heaven.
The lamb represents someone who is more matured, who sees Jesus as taking away his sins.
But there is more, the bullock size revelation is to see Jesus as the servant. When you have a revelation of Jesus as your servant, God calls you spiritually rich, ie. you have favor!
Jesus is the happiest when He is serving you, when you allow Him to serve you.
There were two servants in Mary and Martha’s house, one was Martha, the other was Jesus, He was serving Mary by washing her feet with the Word.
If you don’t allow Jesus to serve you, you will burn out. If you don’t take your place as the one He wants to serve, you will get frustrated & angry with Jesus, the one you want to serve.
Let Him serve you today.
Jesus said Mary chose the good part, and she delighted Jesus’ heart.
When you allow Jesus to serve you, one day, you will serve Him at the right place at the right time.
- Mary was the only one who anointed Jesus for burial and she did it at the right place at the right time; she didn’t even know it then, she unconsciously did it
When you allow the Lord to serve you, you will serve Him in a way that is beyond what you imagine, you will serve Him supernaturally naturally, sweeping others into the Lord’s blessings because you’re in the flow.
6 Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
7 A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.” 8 For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.
9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”
11 The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”
13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”
16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”
17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”
Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”
19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”
26 Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”
27 And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, “What do You seek?” or, “Why are You talking with her?”
28 The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, 29 “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?” 30 Then they went out of the city and came to Him.
31 In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, “Rabbi, eat.”
32 But He said to them, “I have food to eat of which you do not know.”
33 Therefore the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?”
34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
- Jesus served the woman at the well
- the woman came to Jesus at the lowest point of her life, living with condemnation, guilt, etc
- the bible says that Jesus needed to go through Samaria for that woman, he took a detour
- at first, Jesus was tired, but as He served her, He was energized.
- she was undeserving, living currently in sin, but it did not stop Jesus from serving her
- if you are caught up in the cycle of sin, that’s precisely when you need to allow Jesus to serve you, because with His love, kindness, grace, He will break the chains off you and bring His light and favor into your heart, filling that dark heart of yours with the brightness of His glory
- the story ends with the city of Samaria being saved; the woman became an evangelist.
- when you allow Jesus to serve you, you will be exalted.
- Don’t underestimate the power of Jesus serving you
- v. 32: what did Jesus eat?
- He ate up the woman’s problems, her shame, darkness, brokenness.
- Jesus swallows up all your problems. When He refines, He takes out the bad.
“Now these are the judgments which you shall set before them: 2 If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years; and in the seventh he shall go out free and pay nothing. 3 If he comes in by himself, he shall go out by himself; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master has given him a wife, and she has borne him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s, and he shall go out by himself. 5 But if the servant plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to the judges. He shall also bring him to the door, or to the doorpost, and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him forever.
- Exodus 20: giving of 10 commandments (law), because man presume that they can keep the law to merit God’s blessings.
- God knows that if His people come under the law, they will die, they will be swallowed up by darkness
- We were once in a prison of sin, bound by law that we could never fulfill
- in Exodus 21, immediately after Exodus 20, you see God’s heart, He gave a law regarding a servant
- this is the law regarding the Hebrew servant, Jesus
- Right from the foundations of the world, God has ordained Him to be a servant branch
- v. 4: Jesus could walk off free at anytime (He lived the perfect, sinless life), but He didn’t
- v. 5-6: He chose to stay because He loves His Father and He loves us
Jesus was pierced at the tree, at the gates of Damascus, outside the city.
Jesus was pierced so that He can wash away our sins.
The greatest way He has served you is that He’s washed away all your sins.
He ate up all our sin, unrighteousness, iniquities, guilt, shame, condemnation, all our sicknesses and diseases, every curse because He was pierced.
It is a season of preparation and of favor.
God is going to work in your heart, He wants to get His favor on the inside of you.
It’s one thing to have the favor of God outside, around you, but when you have the favor of God inside you, your circumstances don’t matter because you carry the favor of God into that place.
Preparation time is never wasted time, it always precedes promotion.
For who has despised the day of small things?For these seven rejoice to seeThe plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel.They are the eyes of the Lord,Which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth.”
- don’t despise the days of small beginnings
Dreams are from God, visions and dreams are the language of the Holy Spirit, but be content and faithful at where you are at. Do what is in your hands and allow the dream to birth in your heart.
Faithfulness will position you for promotion.
Faithfulness is always part of God’s preparation; just do what God has placed in your hands.
The Lord is with you during the preparation, even through the challenging parts.
9 “And the patriarchs, becoming envious, sold Joseph into Egypt. But God was with him 10 and delivered him out of all his troubles, and gave him favor and wisdom in the presence of Pharaoh, king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.
- it doesn’t matter where you are, His favor will find you
- Favor found Joseph in the prison, found Moses in the desert
- Don’t look at the circumstances/challenges to determine whether God’s favor is on you
- Favor = God with you
- The key is being conscious of His presence with us
- When God is with you, He will deliver you out of ALL your troubles, even those of your own making
- God with you brings favor and wisdom
- Favor opens doors, but wisdom shows you which door to go through
- Favor doesn’t just promote you, it also protects you
- will keep you in the place of His good success for you
But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome One.Therefore my persecutors will stumble, and will not prevail.They will be greatly ashamed, for they will not prosper.Their everlasting confusion will never be forgotten.
- it is not about who you are but who’s (Jesus) with you
- when you are conscious of the Lord with you, your enemies flee seven ways
If the Lord delights (favors) in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, ‘a land which flows with milk and honey.’ 9 Only do not rebel against the Lord, nor fear the people of the land, for they are our bread; their protection has departed from them, and the Lord is with us. Do not fear them.”10 And all the congregation said to stone them with stones. Now the glory of the Lord appeared in the tabernacle of meeting before all the children of Israel.
- Because the Lord favors you, He will bring you into the promised land
- Joshua was conscious of the Lord with him, so the favor of God is upon his life
Joshua 6:1-21 (NLT)
Now Jericho was securely shut up because of the children of Israel; none went out, and none came in.2 And the Lord said to Joshua: “See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, and the mighty men of valor. 3 You shall march around the city, all you men of war; you shall go all around the city once. This you shall do six days. 4 And seven priests shall bear seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark. But the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets. 5 It shall come to pass, when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when you hear the sound of the trumpet, that all the people shall shout with a great shout; then the wall of the city will fall down flat. And the people shall go up every man straight before him.”6 Then Joshua the son of Nun called the priests and said to them, “Take up the ark of the covenant, and let seven priests bear seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark of the Lord.” 7 And he said to the people, “Proceed, and march around the city, and let him who is armed advance before the ark of theLord.”8 So it was, when Joshua had spoken to the people, that the seven priests bearing the seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the Lord advanced and blew the trumpets, and the ark of the covenant of the Lordfollowed them. 9 The armed men went before the priests who blew the trumpets, and the rear guard came after the ark, while the priests continued blowing the trumpets. 10 Now Joshua had commanded the people, saying, “You shall not shout or make any noise with your voice, nor shall a word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I say to you, ‘Shout!’ Then you shall shout.” 11 So he had the ark of the Lordcircle the city, going around it once. Then they came into the camp and lodged in the camp.12 And Joshua rose early in the morning, and the priests took up the ark of the Lord. 13 Then seven priests bearing seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark of the Lord went on continually and blew with the trumpets. And the armed men went before them. But the rear guard came after the ark of theLord, while the priests continued blowing the trumpets. 14 And the second day they marched around the city once and returned to the camp. So they did six days.15 But it came to pass on the seventh day that they rose early, about the dawning of the day, and marched around the city seven times in the same manner. On that day only they marched around the city seven times. 16 And the seventh time it happened, when the priests blew the trumpets, that Joshua said to the people: “Shout, for the Lord has given you the city! 17 Now the city shall be doomed by theLord to destruction, it and all who are in it. Only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all who are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent. 18 And you, by all means abstain from the accursed things, lest you become accursed when you take of the accursed things, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. 19 But all the silver and gold, and vessels of bronze and iron, areconsecrated to the Lord; they shall come into the treasury of the Lord.”20 So the people shouted when the priests blew the trumpets. And it happened when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat. Then the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. 21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, ox and sheep and donkey, with the edge of the sword.
- Jericho was a huge city, they could run chariot races on the walls, it looked impossible, but they were conscious that the Lord is with them
- they carried the ark with them; they carried Jesus, walked with Jesus everywhere that they went
- "ram’s horn" = finished work
- when they blow the ram’s horn, they are proclaiming the finished work of Jesus, being conscious of Jesus and what He’s done in your life
- when you are conscious of the Lord’s presence with you, no wall will stand in your life
- it doesn’t matter how impossible the situation looks, when the Lord is with you, He will cause you to have good success and victory
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say:“The Lord is my helper;I will not fear.What can man do to me?”
- The Lord is with you and He is your helper. There is potential to fear, but God is your helper.
Romans 8:31 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Jesus is the Word made flesh
When you meditate, you practice the presence of the Lord
Psalm 30:5 (NLT)
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.
- His favor lasts a lifetime because the anger, wrath, judgement of God was consumed in the body of Jesus at the cross.