When you look at Jesus, you can’t help but be transformed from gory to glory.
Look for hesed in a man
Having hesed means having a heart opened to God’s heart and your heart will be full
With Jesus, you will get every good thing in your life.
The question is: do you have Jesus?
When you have Jesus, you will always walk with more than enough.
When you walk with Jesus, you have the creative miracle working power of God
- Genesis 1:1
- barashith, first word, bar = Son
In the Son, from & via the Son, God created the heaven and the earth.
- Gold & silver = part of the earth
- Favor = part of the heaven
11 Now it happened, the day after, that He went into a city called Nain; and many of His disciples went with Him, and a large crowd. 12 And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.” 14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.” 15 So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.
16 Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has risen up among us”; and, “God has visited His people.” 17 And this report about Him went throughout all Judea and all the surrounding region.
- the greater force will always swallow up the lesser force.
- v. 11:
- Jesus coming from Capernum after healing with a crowd (exuberant atmosphere)
- "Nain" = beauty
- the woman lost both her husband and son, she was literally in double trouble
- when you feel like you’ve lost everything, you’re at the end of the line, it’s sometimes hard to see Jesus, to see through the tears/pain/fear/sorrow that blinds you
- when you are consumed with your pain, there is also Someone (Jesus) consumed with your pain
- the saddest day of her life would also be the day she receive something she’ll never imagined
- what happens when you are blinded by your pain and can’t see Jesus?
- what happens when you have no strength to look to Jesus?
- 1. ”the Lord sees you”
- He comes right to you, even when you could not see
- She didn’t come to Jesus, Jesus came to her
- compassion = deep awareness of the sufferings of another followed by a strong desire to relieve it
- His heart is tied up with yours
- He feels for you and strongly wants to relieve you of all sufferings
- He gives you the power to stop crying
- He is about to do something to stop your tears
- watch Jesus, watch what He is about to do
- If Jesus didn’t touch death, we’d still be lost
- the people around Him were shocked because He touched the unclean
- when Jesus touches the unclean, the unclean becomes clean
- when Jesus touches the dead, the dead comes alive
- Jesus was born to die that we might live
- in actual translation: young man, I AM (name of God) saying to you, arise.”
- v. 15:
- Grace came to present the dead ones back to His Father, alive.
- Grace came to love us, to bring us back home to the Father.
- You cannot find your way home, you can only be brought home.
- He is the good shepherd, He will leave the 99 to find the 1.
We had Unlimited Praise yesterday and the presence of God was so so AMAZING throughout the entire service. Wish it would never end. Just such a privilege to be there soaking in Jesus’ glorious presence.
It was also our last youth service at Rock Auditorium *sobs*, gonna miss the place where I first saw Jesus unveiled in all His glory and grace and that place where blessed kingdom friendships were forged.
Pst Dan was super anointed (even more so than usual) during that service. Was talking to some people after the service and we all felt that what he ministered that night really spoke right into our lives. Awesome!
Love the short message he shared, simple, but powerful!
- You’re not just a face in the crowd. Jesus called you by name and brought you here for a fresh impartation of His heart.
- There is so much more. He always does exceedingly, abundantly, above all you can ask or imagine.
- Jesus is closer to you than you can ever imagine
- It doesn’t matter how the week has been, Jesus is here and He loves you
- Jesus is here to lift you up.
- When you are in Jesus’ presence, you cannot stay the same. You are being transformed from glory to glory. He has so much more in store for you. No eye has seen, no ear has heard.
- Luke 13:10-17
10Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.11And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.12But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her,“Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” 13And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.14But the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath; and he said to the crowd,“There are six days on which men ought to work; therefore come and be healed on them, and not on the Sabbath day.”15The Lord then answered him and said, “Hypocrite! Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or donkey from the stall, and lead it away to water it? 16So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?” 17And when He said these things, all His adversaries were put to shame; and all the multitude rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by Him.
- v. 11:
- "could in no way raise herself up" (what she couldn’t do, Jesus did with one touch [v.13])
- if you feel like you’re bowed down, that you could in no way raise yourself; that is not God’s heart for you
- 18 - number of bondage (6+6+6), it’s the devil’s work
- v. 12:
- Jesus looked and saw her
- Jesus was likely in a two level synagogue, where the men were at the lower level and the women were at the upper level, the balcony
- She’s bowed down, she’s hard to spot, but Jesus still saw her and her need
- you cannot get out of the range of Jesus
- Jesus saw and He was not silent, He wanted to release grace into her life
- v.13: What she could not do, one touch from Jesus did - she was made straight. Only Jesus can raise your hands for you, only Jesus can lift your head for you, only Jesus can pick up the shattered pieces of your heart and put it back together and it’s even better than before. Only Jesus can do that.
- The woman responded by glorifying Jesus
- the way to glorify Jesus is to consent to let Him love you, to let Him in to free you
- v.14: the ruler of synagog objected to the healing
- his heart is all about laws, traditions and lines drawn
- v.16: Jesus answered using the same word “ought not”
- Jesus heart has only one purpose, it is to see you blessed
- "ought not you, being a child of the most high God, inherit all that your heavenly Father has for you? receive all that He has? Be freed from everything that the enemy has put you through. Ought not you be freed, be loosed, be blessed?"
We sang Sanctuary during worship yesterday, I was actually kinda surprised (and also very surprised to see Weisheng playing!), turns out it was the first time the song was sung. It’s special cos it’s one of the first songs I’d ever heard in my first church, it was just written at that time and they were recording videos for the DVD…
Singing it again at our last youth service at the Rock brought back so many memories, and I am just completely convinced that Jesus is so so faithful; it’s been about 2.5 years since I came over to NCC and that’s about the same period as a lot of my friends as well, it’s just amazing to see how Jesus is restoring and has restored our hearts, lives, faith, friendships, ministry, career, etc. A lot of us felt like we would never want to serve again, being burnt out and hurt (at one point, I’d even decided to never step into church again), but now (and a lot faster than any of us expected), we see each other serving (out of the overflow) in various ministries again or even wanting to be a part of a CG again and that is just so awesome cos it means healing and restoration has taken place. He’s truly a God who restores everything and His restoration is always better in quality and/or quantity than what we’ve lost. And so timely that near the end of the service, Pst Dan prayed for restoration as well.
When my world was in darkness
You spoke Your word
Night turned into day
Your beauty filled this place
When my world stood in silence
You filled my heart
With songs that never end
Forever I will praise
To think that the universe
Could not withhold Your glory
You choose to live in me
I’m so amazed
(and) I worship you lord
My life in You restored
Here is my heart
Make it Your sanctuary
For nobody else
But Jesus only (You)
You are faithful and true
All my life
It is You I adore
You’ve touched my soul
Completed my world I surrender to You
Benjamin, one of our translators from mission trip this year came to visit! Had a great time hanging out with him and some of the mission trip dears yesterday and today!
2 Timothy 1:8So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 9He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
- v. 8: there’s some affliction for people serving in ministry especially in Paul’s time and season, but whatever that they go through, it is the power of God that uphold them and sustain them
- v. 9: you are both saved and called. God did not save you so that you will live an aimless life.
- A called life means that there is someone calling you into something
- God has designed everyone of you uniquely.
- You are uniquely you.
- God has marked you for a unique purpose.
- The Benjamin generation has 5 changes of garments; which means you can function at different times under different anointing, there will be different gifts that will flow as you step into different offices, whether it’s in the church or in the world. God is not limited.
- "holy life" simply means a set apart life
- when everybody is loosing jobs, you got a position, when the world is suffering from sicknesses, you are strong and healthy, that is a set-apart life.
- God saves us from destruction and He puts us on the path that drip with His abundance and our future can only get brighter and brighter.
- Under grace, God is the initiator, you have no part in His calling you.
- Everyone has a longing to be part of something greater than ourselves.
- when you live a life greater than yourself, you are not the dead sea, but like the sea of Galilee where there is life. God calls us to a life of freely receiving and freely giving.
- You are saved by grace, called by His purpose.
- There is a grace inside you that God has given before the beginning of time
- Vocation comes from the word “voice”, when you find your vocation, you will be very fulfilled, that you found your voice in your generation, and everything was designed from the beginning of time.
- you just need the manual (the Word) to learn how to operate you
- There is a way of God that is found in His Word
- When God calls you, He places within you desires (what you like to do) and (grace) gifts that will equip and assist you
- Grace gifts: It will not always be easy but there will be an ease about it.
- Take time and pray, ask the Lord what your gifts are. Talk to people in your care group, must be people who love you & people of wisdom, ask them what they think you like and can do.
- There must be a willingness because God works in you the willingness and the ability (Philippians 2)
- It is an impossible life to live if you try to be someone else; don’t compare yourself with others. You are not designed to be your neighbour, you are designed to be you. Everybody’s purpose is unique.
2 Timothy 1:6
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands
- v. 6: there are gifts in our lives that God wants us to fan into flame
- it is not the Lord fanning the flames, it is you fanning into flames the grace gift that He has given you
- It is ok to make mistakes, just make intelligent ones
- When there is a purpose in your dreams, there is stability, and you will go towards a direction that God has designed for you, towards His portion for you.
- The gifts in your life will show you your calling.
- Find out what you are graced for, then pursue that in the courses that you take or career path that you choose, don’t go for courses and then hope that the gifts will drop
- You also need to know the season and the time
- Impartation come through the laying on of hands.
- God uses man to impart
- Grace gifts will bring promotion, expansion in your life
- It is more important to lay hold of an understanding of the gifts than pursuing certificate after certificate
- Sometimes, it’s not gifts that are imparted, but gifts that are awakened, that’s what the anointing can do.
- God is the initiator, you are the receiver. And you fan into flame the gifts by praying in tongues.
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues# as the Spirit enabled them.
- Praying in tongues is liken to fire (v.3) and it lights up the other gifts in your life
- Praying in tongues stills your emotions and gives you clarity, the effects may not be immediate
- It is the gifts, not skills or experience, that will bring you before kings.
- Sometimes, you may feel that the gift is dormant, but when you pray in tongues, you fan it into flames again
- When it’s a grace gift, God does not take back
- "fan into flames" = pray until there’s a combustion
Whenever you pray in tongues, you are taking a spiritual paintbrush & painting your future.
God calls you, He will equip you.
It doesn’t mean that when God calls you, there won’t be any challenges.
Sometimes, God allows challenges to build us up, to make us realise what we have inside us.
Temptation & testing come not because you don’t have it, but because you already possess the ability to resist the temptation. The devil is trying to distract you and persuade you otherwise, he is always playing catch up to God.
If you don’t know what is doing in your life, look at what the devil is doing and reverse it. If you have lying symptoms of sickness in your life, know that God has already released a tsunami of health in your life.
When you face challenges, don’t give up!
Just because God calls you doesn’t mean there won’t be a storm.
22Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away. 23#And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. #Now when evening came, He was alone there. 24But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary.25Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26And when the disciples saw Him #walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.27But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good #cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”28And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”29So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”31And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of #little faith, why did you doubt?” 32And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.33Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly #You are the Son of God.”
- v. 22: Jesus was the initiator, He asked them to get into the boat
- He knew that the storm would come. To them, it’s the perfect storm, to Jesus, it’s walking on water.
- When there’s storms in your life, learn how to dance in the rain
- v. 23: even the Son of God took time out to pray
- v. 25: whether there is a storm or not, you cannot walk on water, but Jesus has called us to let His life live through us and His life is one of walking on water.
- if your life is troubled today, you are designed to walk on water
- Mark 6:48
- 48Then He saw them straining at rowing, for the wind was against them. Now about the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking on the sea, and #would have passed them by.
- When you are straining, the Lord sees you and He will come to you
- "passed them by" = "theophany" = God appearing to man, God appearing to select and choose man for a good work
- Your storms are just routes for Him to come to you. He is never here to judge or condemn you, but to help you and lift you up above the storm.
- In our storms, God is there.
- Sometimes, the storms in our lives, cause us to come to a place of nothingness, of realising that it’s none about us and all about Christ
- v. 28: Peter knew it wasn’t about a place, but about Jesus.
- When you know that the Lord is with you, you will be successful
- It is who you are with, not what you do, that will bring the blessing. As long as the Lord is with you, you will step out and you will walk on water
- We are called to be storm riders.
- v. 30: what causes us to sink is when we put our eyes on the storm and not on Jesus.
- See Jesus as grace personified, see Him in His Word
- Fear comes in when you see that the wind (teaching) was boisterous; don’t look at other types of teaching, focus on the gospel of grace and you will not sink.
- When you focus on grace, you will walk on water and go towards Jesus
- v. 31: When you cry out “Lord, save me!”, He will save you. He doesn’t rebuke first.
- His rebuke comes after He has you secure in His hand
- v. 32: the moment the Lord comes into the boat, the wind ceased, He didn’t need to say anything
- There may be storms, but that is not the end. Every stumbling block is your new stepping stone. With every test, there is a testimony.
- v. 33: When we ask Jesus to save us, and step out as we see Him on the water and follow Him, that with Jesus in our boat the storm will cease, people around us will see that He is the Son of God. You are His written epistle.
- Sometimes, the hardest trails in our lives are those we created, bad decisions made because of foolishness, but even in that, God is still in the business of saving. That is His heart, that is why we can take courage in our storm.
- You may be sinking, it doesn’t matter whether you are on water or on sand, wherever Jesus walks on is solid ground, so when you are with Him, you walk on solid ground too
As you empty yourself of you, God comes in and fills you with His grace.
When you receive His favor, His grace, His gifts, it’s like oil and oil is always above the waters.
Last Saturday marked our last service at The Rock Auditorium; we’ll be moving to The Shine in November, and it was such an epic service! Pastor Benjamin was back to preach! We were totally cheering cos we haven’t heard him in over 6 months.
Received so much at the service that day. Really awesome time of impartation at the end.
Gonna miss The Rock though, it’s where I finally found home and made amazing kingdom friends in CG & the precious HTHT group, but I also can’t wait for what’s in store for us at Shine! God’s way is always from glory to glory!
CG pics are still with Jem..
“Clear lots of ground for your tents!
Make your tents large. Spread out! Think big!
Use plenty of rope,
drive the tent pegs deep.
You’re going to need lots of elbow room
for your growing family.
You’re going to take over whole nations;
you’re going to resettle abandoned cities.
Don’t be afraid—you’re not going to be embarrassed.
Don’t hold back—you’re not going to come up short.
- Isaiah 54 (MSG)
One thing I really love about these past 3 Sundays is how Pst Prince would stay on aft svc ends & lead worship (in place of the usual walkout song by the band), and he doesn’t do it all that often nowadays.. There’s this really epic anointing when he leads us in worship, just super super blessed! Our worship team is AMAZING, but when pastor leads, it’s a whole other level!
Some of our CG decided to take a walk around The Star on Friday, wanted to go before the building is fully constructed and we were just in awe at how God has blessed us.
And of course we took lots of pictures! It’s a once in a lifetime thing cos there’s no more opportunities once the building is completed.
So looking forward to December when we’ll have our very first service there! :D
This is hilarious!!! !!!
Miracle Seed Sunday was incredible!!
Went to church at 9.15am to get tickets for 2nd service with Julie and the tickets were almost gone! It’s amazing cos on normal Sundays, we can still get seats in the first few rows in front at this time. Just so wow-ed at how people have the heart for sowing.
Bumped into Angeline at macs and we had a great time fellowshipping over breakfast :D
When we went up for 2nd, there was an epic long queue for Rock Audi and even the overflow rooms at Levels 4 & 6!
The atmosphere in Rock Audi was electric!!! Just, the level of excitement and expectancy! It’s unlike any other, I mean, I’ve given to building funds before, and in my previous church, the build up was a month or so before, with really well-made videos and stuff, but here, even though it’s a two weeks lead-up without any “special effects”, the atmosphere is incomparable! Guess this is really of God. It’s about the touch of Jesus in our lives. And I’d expected the message today to be about giving, but instead, Pastor Prince just preached on Jesus, about what it means to be dead to sin, and the sermon was sooo good!
I still remember the first Miracle Seed Sunday that I experienced back in 2010, was in church then for less than two months and giving (into a building fund) especially, was a sore point, I didn’t even believe in tithing for a while then. But the sermon the previous Sunday really got me, that it’s not about giving to get anything, but about how it’s a privilege to give (and it so so is!). Anyways, that Sunday, I went to JB with Pastor CK as usual and after service, he sped back to SG, picked Evelyn up and rushed all the way down to Suntec to give, his excitement was infectious! Thank God for Pastor CK cos if I didn’t have him to talk to about giving (given our same backgrounds), I probably would have never started giving again after that fiasco. And yup, the joy of giving now is a restoration, it’s like multiplied uncountable times.
1 Chronicles 29:14
But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly as this? for all things come from You, and of Your own have we given You.
Time just flew by! Seems like yesterday when I signed up for mission trip. We had our last mission trip prep meeting today and we’re off to Vietnam next Sunday! Sooooooo exciting! Can’t wait to go there and bless the people! To see Jesus’ superabundant grace explode in Vietnam, flooding our weaknesses with His dynamite strength.
We had the quite impromptu sharing and free flow worship for the last 3 hours of the meeting and it was AWESOME!!! Felt so touched by what everyone shared, about their journey and what they’re expecting for this trip and then during the free flow worship, it’s just the outpouring of God’s love and it is out of that overflow that we’d be able to be a blessing to others.
I really love that the platform f/r mission trip is set right, that a lot of our meetings have been taken up by sharing, meditation or free flow worship and that we are so well-fed not so well-fed not only during GenRev or Sunday services or CG, but even at the mission trip meetings when planning time turns into feeding time, LOVE IT! As much as we’re going to Vietnam to serve, to be a blessing, it’s about Jesus first serving us, and He’s serving us so so much and will continue to do so throughout the trip. I just love serving because it’s really seeing how Jesus serves us, remembered Pst Ben saying that those who serve see the hands of God, but those who don’t only see the miracles; it really is a privilege to serve. Also love what Coach Yvonne shared in an email before IDU/DTB last year, that “when your heart is moved by Him, your hands move for Him”.
I’ve already received so much from prep, just mind-blown at how Jesus is for sure gonna top that on the trip, can’t even begin to imagine how blessed we’d be. :D
The Lord wants to use your life as a trophy of His grace and favor.
Your life can’t look anything but blessed!
God will make the impossible possible, you are not meant to look at yourself but at Jesus
You are the center of Jesus’ world, the One who holds the whole universe together. WOW.
Laughter is heaven’s medicine, you can laugh yourself to wholeness.
God wants to promote you.
- You’re marked by His favor! There’s no way anything can hold you down, you will always be the head and not the tail, always rise above.
- When you are marked by favor, you cannot help but be promoted.
- Promotion both on the inside and outside.
- What you find difficult to do before will now be easy, you will find that God’s power helps you do it
When favor comes upon you, you will be effortlessly transformed. It’s not about you trying or fighting. You will just be fruitful and happy.
Why are you everlastingly favored?
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
- Jesus came to serve and in serving, He gives.
- you cannot serve without giving
- In your life, Jesus comes to give to you, He takes only your sins, cares and worries
- Jesus is always giving to you. He gave what is most precious to Him - His life.
- He gave His life; He will not withhold anything from you
- Don’t look at yourself to qualify for your blessings, look at Jesus giving you Himself
- He has given you His best and with that, comes all the rest
13 Behold, My Servant shall deal prudently;
He shall be exalted and extolled and be very high.
14 Just as many were astonished at you,
So His visage was marred more than any man,
And His form more than the sons of men;
15 So shall He sprinkle many nations.
Kings shall shut their mouths at Him;
For what had not been told them they shall see,
And what they had not heard they shall consider.
- v. 13: Jesus is that servant
- He will be lifted up high
- not just referring to Jesus being exalted but also Jesus at the cross (v. 14)
- v. 15: what does He sprinkle with?
- His blood
He shall see the labor of His soul,and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
- Jesus comes through the work of the Cross to serve you righteousness and justification by faith
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- the righteousness of God, not of man
It’s all Jesus, none of us.
We are now the righteousness of God in Christ forever.
It’s not about how you are feeling or what you’ve done.
“Seventy weeksare determined, For your people and for your holy city,To finish the transgression,To make an end of sins,To make reconciliation for iniquity,To bring in everlasting righteousness,To seal up vision and prophecy,And to anoint the Most Holy.
- everlasting righteousness; it never ends.
- You will NEVER be unrighteous
- You were never in the equation, it wasn’t your work or your merit.
- What He did, He gave to your account, you’re just disgustingly blessed!
- Believe it even though you don’t feel it and when you believe it, you will feel it.
You are favored BECAUSE of the cross.
If you can believe and see that you are everlastingly righteous, then the favor that is on your life is everlasting favor.
Righteousness is the foundation for favor.
You don’t need to feel favored to be favored; you are forever favored.
With a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment;But with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you,”Says the Lord, your Redeemer. 9 “For this is like the waters of Noah to Me;
For as I have sworn
That the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth,
So have I sworn
That I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you.For as I have swornThat the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth,So have I swornThat I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you.10 For the mountains shall depart
And the hills be removed,
But My kindness shall not depart from you,
Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,”
Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.And the hills be removed,But My kindness shall not depart from you,Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,”Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.
- "everlasting kindness (hesed)" = favor
- "with a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment" = Jesus at the Cross
- Why is favor everlasting? Because your righteousness is everlasting
- v. 10: “My kindness (favor) shall not depart from you”
- Favor cannot ever depart from you
- "Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed"
- can you change the covenant of Jesus? No.
- God’s covenant of peace shall never be removed, the work of Jesus shall never be removed, then the favor on your life shall never be removed
- No man can change that, no man can rob favor from you
- You are favored forevermore and it cannot leave you
“O you afflicted one,Tossed with tempest, and not comforted,Behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems,And lay your foundations with sapphires.12 I will make your pinnacles of rubies, Your gates of crystal,And all your walls of precious stones.Your gates of crystal,And all your walls of precious stones.
- v. 11: sometimes, you feel like you’re tossed with tempest and not comforted, God says “behold…”
- Some of you need to change what you’re looking at
- God did not mean for you to look at yourself or the devil’s accusations, but to Jesus
- The secret to no longer being afflicted, tossed with tempest and uncomfortable is to behold God building the temple
- v. 11-12: God talking about how He will build the temple
- 1 Chronicles 29:2
- Now for the house of my God I have prepared with all my might: gold for things to be made of gold, silver forthings of silver, bronze for things of bronze, iron for things of iron, wood for things of wood, onyx stones, stonesto be set, glistening stones of various colors, all kinds of precious stones, and marble slabs in abundance.
- "for the house of my God I have prepared with all my might"
- refers to you, the afflicted one, tossed with tempest, no comforted
- You are the temple of God
- Behold. Jesus will build you with all His might, fill you with precious things, with gold, silver, sapphires, onyx stones as your foundation, beautify you, fortify you, bless you, give unto you
- And how does He do it? WITH ALL HIS MIGHT
- Your body is the temple of God.
- Matthew 21:12
- 12 Then Jesus went into the temple of Godand drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.
- Jesus drove out ALL those who were selling and buying out
- Just as Jesus drove out every foreign impurity in the (physical) temple of God, the Lord will drive out every foreign impurity in your body
- The same zeal that Jesus has that cleared all that did not belong in the house of God, that is the same zeal that He looks at you today; anything that is in your emotions/body that is destroying you, Jesus is driving it out today and He loves you
- There are two times that Jesus cleanses the temple
- 1. He clears out all the bad
- 2. He healed the blind and the lame (those who can’t go anywhere)
- If you are blind, you can’t get anywhere. If you are lame, you can see it, but you can’t get there.
- Some of you can’t see the way ahead, some of you can see it, but can’t find a way to get there, but the Lord wants to heal you of that.
- The Lord wants to remove every paralysis and blindness from His people by His favor that is everlasting and His righteousness that can never change
The favor of God on you lasts a lifetime, it is from everlasting to everlasting.