When you look at Jesus, you can’t help but be transformed from gory to glory.
Look for hesed in a man
Having hesed means having a heart opened to God’s heart and your heart will be full
With Jesus, you will get every good thing in your life.
The question is: do you have Jesus?
When you have Jesus, you will always walk with more than enough.
When you walk with Jesus, you have the creative miracle working power of God
- Genesis 1:1
- barashith, first word, bar = Son
In the Son, from & via the Son, God created the heaven and the earth.
- Gold & silver = part of the earth
- Favor = part of the heaven
11 Now it happened, the day after, that He went into a city called Nain; and many of His disciples went with Him, and a large crowd. 12 And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.” 14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.” 15 So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.
16 Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has risen up among us”; and, “God has visited His people.” 17 And this report about Him went throughout all Judea and all the surrounding region.
- the greater force will always swallow up the lesser force.
- v. 11:
- Jesus coming from Capernum after healing with a crowd (exuberant atmosphere)
- "Nain" = beauty
- the woman lost both her husband and son, she was literally in double trouble
- when you feel like you’ve lost everything, you’re at the end of the line, it’s sometimes hard to see Jesus, to see through the tears/pain/fear/sorrow that blinds you
- when you are consumed with your pain, there is also Someone (Jesus) consumed with your pain
- the saddest day of her life would also be the day she receive something she’ll never imagined
- what happens when you are blinded by your pain and can’t see Jesus?
- what happens when you have no strength to look to Jesus?
- 1. ”the Lord sees you”
- He comes right to you, even when you could not see
- She didn’t come to Jesus, Jesus came to her
- compassion = deep awareness of the sufferings of another followed by a strong desire to relieve it
- His heart is tied up with yours
- He feels for you and strongly wants to relieve you of all sufferings
- He gives you the power to stop crying
- He is about to do something to stop your tears
- watch Jesus, watch what He is about to do
- If Jesus didn’t touch death, we’d still be lost
- the people around Him were shocked because He touched the unclean
- when Jesus touches the unclean, the unclean becomes clean
- when Jesus touches the dead, the dead comes alive
- Jesus was born to die that we might live
- in actual translation: young man, I AM (name of God) saying to you, arise.”
- v. 15:
- Grace came to present the dead ones back to His Father, alive.
- Grace came to love us, to bring us back home to the Father.
- You cannot find your way home, you can only be brought home.
- He is the good shepherd, He will leave the 99 to find the 1.
We had Unlimited Praise yesterday and the presence of God was so so AMAZING throughout the entire service. Wish it would never end. Just such a privilege to be there soaking in Jesus’ glorious presence.
It was also our last youth service at Rock Auditorium *sobs*, gonna miss the place where I first saw Jesus unveiled in all His glory and grace and that place where blessed kingdom friendships were forged.
Pst Dan was super anointed (even more so than usual) during that service. Was talking to some people after the service and we all felt that what he ministered that night really spoke right into our lives. Awesome!
Love the short message he shared, simple, but powerful!
- You’re not just a face in the crowd. Jesus called you by name and brought you here for a fresh impartation of His heart.
- There is so much more. He always does exceedingly, abundantly, above all you can ask or imagine.
- Jesus is closer to you than you can ever imagine
- It doesn’t matter how the week has been, Jesus is here and He loves you
- Jesus is here to lift you up.
- When you are in Jesus’ presence, you cannot stay the same. You are being transformed from glory to glory. He has so much more in store for you. No eye has seen, no ear has heard.
- Luke 13:10-17
10Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.11And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.12But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her,“Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” 13And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.14But the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath; and he said to the crowd,“There are six days on which men ought to work; therefore come and be healed on them, and not on the Sabbath day.”15The Lord then answered him and said, “Hypocrite! Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or donkey from the stall, and lead it away to water it? 16So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?” 17And when He said these things, all His adversaries were put to shame; and all the multitude rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by Him.
- v. 11:
- "could in no way raise herself up" (what she couldn’t do, Jesus did with one touch [v.13])
- if you feel like you’re bowed down, that you could in no way raise yourself; that is not God’s heart for you
- 18 - number of bondage (6+6+6), it’s the devil’s work
- v. 12:
- Jesus looked and saw her
- Jesus was likely in a two level synagogue, where the men were at the lower level and the women were at the upper level, the balcony
- She’s bowed down, she’s hard to spot, but Jesus still saw her and her need
- you cannot get out of the range of Jesus
- Jesus saw and He was not silent, He wanted to release grace into her life
- v.13: What she could not do, one touch from Jesus did - she was made straight. Only Jesus can raise your hands for you, only Jesus can lift your head for you, only Jesus can pick up the shattered pieces of your heart and put it back together and it’s even better than before. Only Jesus can do that.
- The woman responded by glorifying Jesus
- the way to glorify Jesus is to consent to let Him love you, to let Him in to free you
- v.14: the ruler of synagog objected to the healing
- his heart is all about laws, traditions and lines drawn
- v.16: Jesus answered using the same word “ought not”
- Jesus heart has only one purpose, it is to see you blessed
- "ought not you, being a child of the most high God, inherit all that your heavenly Father has for you? receive all that He has? Be freed from everything that the enemy has put you through. Ought not you be freed, be loosed, be blessed?"
We sang Sanctuary during worship yesterday, I was actually kinda surprised (and also very surprised to see Weisheng playing!), turns out it was the first time the song was sung. It’s special cos it’s one of the first songs I’d ever heard in my first church, it was just written at that time and they were recording videos for the DVD…
Singing it again at our last youth service at the Rock brought back so many memories, and I am just completely convinced that Jesus is so so faithful; it’s been about 2.5 years since I came over to NCC and that’s about the same period as a lot of my friends as well, it’s just amazing to see how Jesus is restoring and has restored our hearts, lives, faith, friendships, ministry, career, etc. A lot of us felt like we would never want to serve again, being burnt out and hurt (at one point, I’d even decided to never step into church again), but now (and a lot faster than any of us expected), we see each other serving (out of the overflow) in various ministries again or even wanting to be a part of a CG again and that is just so awesome cos it means healing and restoration has taken place. He’s truly a God who restores everything and His restoration is always better in quality and/or quantity than what we’ve lost. And so timely that near the end of the service, Pst Dan prayed for restoration as well.
When my world was in darkness
You spoke Your word
Night turned into day
Your beauty filled this place
When my world stood in silence
You filled my heart
With songs that never end
Forever I will praise
To think that the universe
Could not withhold Your glory
You choose to live in me
I’m so amazed
(and) I worship you lord
My life in You restored
Here is my heart
Make it Your sanctuary
For nobody else
But Jesus only (You)
You are faithful and true
All my life
It is You I adore
You’ve touched my soul
Completed my world I surrender to You
Benjamin, one of our translators from mission trip this year came to visit! Had a great time hanging out with him and some of the mission trip dears yesterday and today!
2 Timothy 1:8So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 9He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
- v. 8: there’s some affliction for people serving in ministry especially in Paul’s time and season, but whatever that they go through, it is the power of God that uphold them and sustain them
- v. 9: you are both saved and called. God did not save you so that you will live an aimless life.
- A called life means that there is someone calling you into something
- God has designed everyone of you uniquely.
- You are uniquely you.
- God has marked you for a unique purpose.
- The Benjamin generation has 5 changes of garments; which means you can function at different times under different anointing, there will be different gifts that will flow as you step into different offices, whether it’s in the church or in the world. God is not limited.
- "holy life" simply means a set apart life
- when everybody is loosing jobs, you got a position, when the world is suffering from sicknesses, you are strong and healthy, that is a set-apart life.
- God saves us from destruction and He puts us on the path that drip with His abundance and our future can only get brighter and brighter.
- Under grace, God is the initiator, you have no part in His calling you.
- Everyone has a longing to be part of something greater than ourselves.
- when you live a life greater than yourself, you are not the dead sea, but like the sea of Galilee where there is life. God calls us to a life of freely receiving and freely giving.
- You are saved by grace, called by His purpose.
- There is a grace inside you that God has given before the beginning of time
- Vocation comes from the word “voice”, when you find your vocation, you will be very fulfilled, that you found your voice in your generation, and everything was designed from the beginning of time.
- you just need the manual (the Word) to learn how to operate you
- There is a way of God that is found in His Word
- When God calls you, He places within you desires (what you like to do) and (grace) gifts that will equip and assist you
- Grace gifts: It will not always be easy but there will be an ease about it.
- Take time and pray, ask the Lord what your gifts are. Talk to people in your care group, must be people who love you & people of wisdom, ask them what they think you like and can do.
- There must be a willingness because God works in you the willingness and the ability (Philippians 2)
- It is an impossible life to live if you try to be someone else; don’t compare yourself with others. You are not designed to be your neighbour, you are designed to be you. Everybody’s purpose is unique.
2 Timothy 1:6
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands
- v. 6: there are gifts in our lives that God wants us to fan into flame
- it is not the Lord fanning the flames, it is you fanning into flames the grace gift that He has given you
- It is ok to make mistakes, just make intelligent ones
- When there is a purpose in your dreams, there is stability, and you will go towards a direction that God has designed for you, towards His portion for you.
- The gifts in your life will show you your calling.
- Find out what you are graced for, then pursue that in the courses that you take or career path that you choose, don’t go for courses and then hope that the gifts will drop
- You also need to know the season and the time
- Impartation come through the laying on of hands.
- God uses man to impart
- Grace gifts will bring promotion, expansion in your life
- It is more important to lay hold of an understanding of the gifts than pursuing certificate after certificate
- Sometimes, it’s not gifts that are imparted, but gifts that are awakened, that’s what the anointing can do.
- God is the initiator, you are the receiver. And you fan into flame the gifts by praying in tongues.
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues# as the Spirit enabled them.
- Praying in tongues is liken to fire (v.3) and it lights up the other gifts in your life
- Praying in tongues stills your emotions and gives you clarity, the effects may not be immediate
- It is the gifts, not skills or experience, that will bring you before kings.
- Sometimes, you may feel that the gift is dormant, but when you pray in tongues, you fan it into flames again
- When it’s a grace gift, God does not take back
- "fan into flames" = pray until there’s a combustion
Whenever you pray in tongues, you are taking a spiritual paintbrush & painting your future.
God calls you, He will equip you.
It doesn’t mean that when God calls you, there won’t be any challenges.
Sometimes, God allows challenges to build us up, to make us realise what we have inside us.
Temptation & testing come not because you don’t have it, but because you already possess the ability to resist the temptation. The devil is trying to distract you and persuade you otherwise, he is always playing catch up to God.
If you don’t know what is doing in your life, look at what the devil is doing and reverse it. If you have lying symptoms of sickness in your life, know that God has already released a tsunami of health in your life.
When you face challenges, don’t give up!
Just because God calls you doesn’t mean there won’t be a storm.
22Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away. 23#And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. #Now when evening came, He was alone there. 24But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary.25Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26And when the disciples saw Him #walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.27But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good #cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”28And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”29So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”31And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of #little faith, why did you doubt?” 32And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.33Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly #You are the Son of God.”
- v. 22: Jesus was the initiator, He asked them to get into the boat
- He knew that the storm would come. To them, it’s the perfect storm, to Jesus, it’s walking on water.
- When there’s storms in your life, learn how to dance in the rain
- v. 23: even the Son of God took time out to pray
- v. 25: whether there is a storm or not, you cannot walk on water, but Jesus has called us to let His life live through us and His life is one of walking on water.
- if your life is troubled today, you are designed to walk on water
- Mark 6:48
- 48Then He saw them straining at rowing, for the wind was against them. Now about the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking on the sea, and #would have passed them by.
- When you are straining, the Lord sees you and He will come to you
- "passed them by" = "theophany" = God appearing to man, God appearing to select and choose man for a good work
- Your storms are just routes for Him to come to you. He is never here to judge or condemn you, but to help you and lift you up above the storm.
- In our storms, God is there.
- Sometimes, the storms in our lives, cause us to come to a place of nothingness, of realising that it’s none about us and all about Christ
- v. 28: Peter knew it wasn’t about a place, but about Jesus.
- When you know that the Lord is with you, you will be successful
- It is who you are with, not what you do, that will bring the blessing. As long as the Lord is with you, you will step out and you will walk on water
- We are called to be storm riders.
- v. 30: what causes us to sink is when we put our eyes on the storm and not on Jesus.
- See Jesus as grace personified, see Him in His Word
- Fear comes in when you see that the wind (teaching) was boisterous; don’t look at other types of teaching, focus on the gospel of grace and you will not sink.
- When you focus on grace, you will walk on water and go towards Jesus
- v. 31: When you cry out “Lord, save me!”, He will save you. He doesn’t rebuke first.
- His rebuke comes after He has you secure in His hand
- v. 32: the moment the Lord comes into the boat, the wind ceased, He didn’t need to say anything
- There may be storms, but that is not the end. Every stumbling block is your new stepping stone. With every test, there is a testimony.
- v. 33: When we ask Jesus to save us, and step out as we see Him on the water and follow Him, that with Jesus in our boat the storm will cease, people around us will see that He is the Son of God. You are His written epistle.
- Sometimes, the hardest trails in our lives are those we created, bad decisions made because of foolishness, but even in that, God is still in the business of saving. That is His heart, that is why we can take courage in our storm.
- You may be sinking, it doesn’t matter whether you are on water or on sand, wherever Jesus walks on is solid ground, so when you are with Him, you walk on solid ground too
As you empty yourself of you, God comes in and fills you with His grace.
When you receive His favor, His grace, His gifts, it’s like oil and oil is always above the waters.
Last Saturday marked our last service at The Rock Auditorium; we’ll be moving to The Shine in November, and it was such an epic service! Pastor Benjamin was back to preach! We were totally cheering cos we haven’t heard him in over 6 months.
Received so much at the service that day. Really awesome time of impartation at the end.
Gonna miss The Rock though, it’s where I finally found home and made amazing kingdom friends in CG & the precious HTHT group, but I also can’t wait for what’s in store for us at Shine! God’s way is always from glory to glory!
CG pics are still with Jem..
“Clear lots of ground for your tents!
Make your tents large. Spread out! Think big!
Use plenty of rope,
drive the tent pegs deep.
You’re going to need lots of elbow room
for your growing family.
You’re going to take over whole nations;
you’re going to resettle abandoned cities.
Don’t be afraid—you’re not going to be embarrassed.
Don’t hold back—you’re not going to come up short.
- Isaiah 54 (MSG)
Time just flew by! Seems like yesterday when I signed up for mission trip. We had our last mission trip prep meeting today and we’re off to Vietnam next Sunday! Sooooooo exciting! Can’t wait to go there and bless the people! To see Jesus’ superabundant grace explode in Vietnam, flooding our weaknesses with His dynamite strength.
We had the quite impromptu sharing and free flow worship for the last 3 hours of the meeting and it was AWESOME!!! Felt so touched by what everyone shared, about their journey and what they’re expecting for this trip and then during the free flow worship, it’s just the outpouring of God’s love and it is out of that overflow that we’d be able to be a blessing to others.
I really love that the platform f/r mission trip is set right, that a lot of our meetings have been taken up by sharing, meditation or free flow worship and that we are so well-fed not so well-fed not only during GenRev or Sunday services or CG, but even at the mission trip meetings when planning time turns into feeding time, LOVE IT! As much as we’re going to Vietnam to serve, to be a blessing, it’s about Jesus first serving us, and He’s serving us so so much and will continue to do so throughout the trip. I just love serving because it’s really seeing how Jesus serves us, remembered Pst Ben saying that those who serve see the hands of God, but those who don’t only see the miracles; it really is a privilege to serve. Also love what Coach Yvonne shared in an email before IDU/DTB last year, that “when your heart is moved by Him, your hands move for Him”.
I’ve already received so much from prep, just mind-blown at how Jesus is for sure gonna top that on the trip, can’t even begin to imagine how blessed we’d be. :D
The Lord wants to use your life as a trophy of His grace and favor.
Your life can’t look anything but blessed!
God will make the impossible possible, you are not meant to look at yourself but at Jesus
You are the center of Jesus’ world, the One who holds the whole universe together. WOW.
Laughter is heaven’s medicine, you can laugh yourself to wholeness.
God wants to promote you.
- You’re marked by His favor! There’s no way anything can hold you down, you will always be the head and not the tail, always rise above.
- When you are marked by favor, you cannot help but be promoted.
- Promotion both on the inside and outside.
- What you find difficult to do before will now be easy, you will find that God’s power helps you do it
When favor comes upon you, you will be effortlessly transformed. It’s not about you trying or fighting. You will just be fruitful and happy.
Why are you everlastingly favored?
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
- Jesus came to serve and in serving, He gives.
- you cannot serve without giving
- In your life, Jesus comes to give to you, He takes only your sins, cares and worries
- Jesus is always giving to you. He gave what is most precious to Him - His life.
- He gave His life; He will not withhold anything from you
- Don’t look at yourself to qualify for your blessings, look at Jesus giving you Himself
- He has given you His best and with that, comes all the rest
13 Behold, My Servant shall deal prudently;
He shall be exalted and extolled and be very high.
14 Just as many were astonished at you,
So His visage was marred more than any man,
And His form more than the sons of men;
15 So shall He sprinkle many nations.
Kings shall shut their mouths at Him;
For what had not been told them they shall see,
And what they had not heard they shall consider.
- v. 13: Jesus is that servant
- He will be lifted up high
- not just referring to Jesus being exalted but also Jesus at the cross (v. 14)
- v. 15: what does He sprinkle with?
- His blood
He shall see the labor of His soul,and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
- Jesus comes through the work of the Cross to serve you righteousness and justification by faith
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- the righteousness of God, not of man
It’s all Jesus, none of us.
We are now the righteousness of God in Christ forever.
It’s not about how you are feeling or what you’ve done.
“Seventy weeksare determined, For your people and for your holy city,To finish the transgression,To make an end of sins,To make reconciliation for iniquity,To bring in everlasting righteousness,To seal up vision and prophecy,And to anoint the Most Holy.
- everlasting righteousness; it never ends.
- You will NEVER be unrighteous
- You were never in the equation, it wasn’t your work or your merit.
- What He did, He gave to your account, you’re just disgustingly blessed!
- Believe it even though you don’t feel it and when you believe it, you will feel it.
You are favored BECAUSE of the cross.
If you can believe and see that you are everlastingly righteous, then the favor that is on your life is everlasting favor.
Righteousness is the foundation for favor.
You don’t need to feel favored to be favored; you are forever favored.
With a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment;But with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you,”Says the Lord, your Redeemer. 9 “For this is like the waters of Noah to Me;
For as I have sworn
That the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth,
So have I sworn
That I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you.For as I have swornThat the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth,So have I swornThat I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you.10 For the mountains shall depart
And the hills be removed,
But My kindness shall not depart from you,
Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,”
Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.And the hills be removed,But My kindness shall not depart from you,Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,”Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.
- "everlasting kindness (hesed)" = favor
- "with a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment" = Jesus at the Cross
- Why is favor everlasting? Because your righteousness is everlasting
- v. 10: “My kindness (favor) shall not depart from you”
- Favor cannot ever depart from you
- "Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed"
- can you change the covenant of Jesus? No.
- God’s covenant of peace shall never be removed, the work of Jesus shall never be removed, then the favor on your life shall never be removed
- No man can change that, no man can rob favor from you
- You are favored forevermore and it cannot leave you
“O you afflicted one,Tossed with tempest, and not comforted,Behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems,And lay your foundations with sapphires.12 I will make your pinnacles of rubies, Your gates of crystal,And all your walls of precious stones.Your gates of crystal,And all your walls of precious stones.
- v. 11: sometimes, you feel like you’re tossed with tempest and not comforted, God says “behold…”
- Some of you need to change what you’re looking at
- God did not mean for you to look at yourself or the devil’s accusations, but to Jesus
- The secret to no longer being afflicted, tossed with tempest and uncomfortable is to behold God building the temple
- v. 11-12: God talking about how He will build the temple
- 1 Chronicles 29:2
- Now for the house of my God I have prepared with all my might: gold for things to be made of gold, silver forthings of silver, bronze for things of bronze, iron for things of iron, wood for things of wood, onyx stones, stonesto be set, glistening stones of various colors, all kinds of precious stones, and marble slabs in abundance.
- "for the house of my God I have prepared with all my might"
- refers to you, the afflicted one, tossed with tempest, no comforted
- You are the temple of God
- Behold. Jesus will build you with all His might, fill you with precious things, with gold, silver, sapphires, onyx stones as your foundation, beautify you, fortify you, bless you, give unto you
- And how does He do it? WITH ALL HIS MIGHT
- Your body is the temple of God.
- Matthew 21:12
- 12 Then Jesus went into the temple of Godand drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.
- Jesus drove out ALL those who were selling and buying out
- Just as Jesus drove out every foreign impurity in the (physical) temple of God, the Lord will drive out every foreign impurity in your body
- The same zeal that Jesus has that cleared all that did not belong in the house of God, that is the same zeal that He looks at you today; anything that is in your emotions/body that is destroying you, Jesus is driving it out today and He loves you
- There are two times that Jesus cleanses the temple
- 1. He clears out all the bad
- 2. He healed the blind and the lame (those who can’t go anywhere)
- If you are blind, you can’t get anywhere. If you are lame, you can see it, but you can’t get there.
- Some of you can’t see the way ahead, some of you can see it, but can’t find a way to get there, but the Lord wants to heal you of that.
- The Lord wants to remove every paralysis and blindness from His people by His favor that is everlasting and His righteousness that can never change
The favor of God on you lasts a lifetime, it is from everlasting to everlasting.
It’s not about following a set plan. If the Lord moves, you move.
Sometimes, God is silent, and it’s only when you take the first step that He reveals the next one.
When a man has favor, he gets everything.
When you have favor, you become magnetic, you become attractive.
Favor brings preparation and promotion.
For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
- reigning in life = place of promotion
- how to receive favor in abundance?
- 2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,
- through the revelation of Jesus; when you see Jesus, you receive grace and favor multiplied
- every time you see Jesus, your life gets more favored!
- when we behold Jesus, we are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory
- Jesus is full of favor, He is the epitome of favor
- When you look at Jesus, you are transformed into the same image
- which means favor starts to increase in your life
- when you see Jesus in worship, sharings, fellowship, favor increases in your life
- when you share your testimonies, you are revealing Jesus’ love and faithfulness and the people who hear it see Jesus and receive favor
Moreover He called for a famine in the land;
He destroyed all the provision of bread.
17 He sent a man before them—
Joseph—who was sold as a slave.
18 They hurt his feet with fetters,
He was laid in irons.
19 Until the time that his word came to pass,
The word of the Lord tested him.
20 The king sent and released him,
The ruler of the people let him go free.
21 He made him lord of his house,
And ruler of all his possessions,
22 To bind his princes at his pleasure,
And teach his elders wisdom.
- talks about Joseph’s humiliation (v. 16-18) and exaltation (v. 20-22)
- there are 3 verses talking about his humiliation and 3 verses talking about his exaltation, with v.19 in between
- v. 19: the key that turned everything around for Joseph
- until the time Joseph’s dreams came to pass, the Word (Jesus) tested him.
- tested = purified & refined, takes out the bad, puts in the good
- that’s favor
- when favor comes on you, favor brings what is good into your life, and if there’s anything that is bad, favor removes it
- v. 18: Genesis 39:20-21
- Then Joseph’s master took him and put him into the prison, a place where the king’s prisoners were confined. And he was there in the prison. 21 But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him mercy, and He gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
- Joseph’s lowest point in life, he was in prison
- v. 21: first time mercy & favor is mentioned together; mercy is also favor
- when Joseph was at the lowest point in his life, the Lord showed him favor and put in the good and took out the bad
- picture of the Menorah (3 verses, 1 verse, 3 verses)
- center candle = shamesh
- Just as the center verse (v. 19) was the key to Joseph’s success, so is the center branch (Jesus) to ours
- servant lamp
- The servant lamp exist to serve you favor, especially when you are in a dark place, Jesus brings you light in the darkness, favor in hopelessness. Favor will light up your life, will light up your future
- Genesis 1:1
- the word in the center is את, aleph tav, Jesus
- right from the beginning, God ordained Jesus, to be a servant
- a servant cannot function alone, He needs people to serve
- right from the beginning, Jesus was created to serve the Father and to serve you
When you see Jesus as the eternal servant, for the purpose He was created, that is when you see the greatest amount of favor.
3 Types of Offerings
- Bird: picture of Jesus coming down from heaven (offering by the poor)
- Lamb: Jesus submitting Himself as the lamb of God to die for us (offering by the middle class)
- Ox: Jesus as a servant (offering by the wealthy)
The bird represents someone who is poor spiritually, ie. only knows Jesus as coming from heaven.
The lamb represents someone who is more matured, who sees Jesus as taking away his sins.
But there is more, the bullock size revelation is to see Jesus as the servant. When you have a revelation of Jesus as your servant, God calls you spiritually rich, ie. you have favor!
Jesus is the happiest when He is serving you, when you allow Him to serve you.
There were two servants in Mary and Martha’s house, one was Martha, the other was Jesus, He was serving Mary by washing her feet with the Word.
If you don’t allow Jesus to serve you, you will burn out. If you don’t take your place as the one He wants to serve, you will get frustrated & angry with Jesus, the one you want to serve.
Let Him serve you today.
Jesus said Mary chose the good part, and she delighted Jesus’ heart.
When you allow Jesus to serve you, one day, you will serve Him at the right place at the right time.
- Mary was the only one who anointed Jesus for burial and she did it at the right place at the right time; she didn’t even know it then, she unconsciously did it
When you allow the Lord to serve you, you will serve Him in a way that is beyond what you imagine, you will serve Him supernaturally naturally, sweeping others into the Lord’s blessings because you’re in the flow.
6 Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
7 A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.” 8 For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.
9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.
10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”
11 The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”
13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”
16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”
17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”
Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”
19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”
26 Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”
27 And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, “What do You seek?” or, “Why are You talking with her?”
28 The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, 29 “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?” 30 Then they went out of the city and came to Him.
31 In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, “Rabbi, eat.”
32 But He said to them, “I have food to eat of which you do not know.”
33 Therefore the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?”
34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
- Jesus served the woman at the well
- the woman came to Jesus at the lowest point of her life, living with condemnation, guilt, etc
- the bible says that Jesus needed to go through Samaria for that woman, he took a detour
- at first, Jesus was tired, but as He served her, He was energized.
- she was undeserving, living currently in sin, but it did not stop Jesus from serving her
- if you are caught up in the cycle of sin, that’s precisely when you need to allow Jesus to serve you, because with His love, kindness, grace, He will break the chains off you and bring His light and favor into your heart, filling that dark heart of yours with the brightness of His glory
- the story ends with the city of Samaria being saved; the woman became an evangelist.
- when you allow Jesus to serve you, you will be exalted.
- Don’t underestimate the power of Jesus serving you
- v. 32: what did Jesus eat?
- He ate up the woman’s problems, her shame, darkness, brokenness.
- Jesus swallows up all your problems. When He refines, He takes out the bad.
“Now these are the judgments which you shall set before them: 2 If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years; and in the seventh he shall go out free and pay nothing. 3 If he comes in by himself, he shall go out by himself; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master has given him a wife, and she has borne him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s, and he shall go out by himself. 5 But if the servant plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to the judges. He shall also bring him to the door, or to the doorpost, and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him forever.
- Exodus 20: giving of 10 commandments (law), because man presume that they can keep the law to merit God’s blessings.
- God knows that if His people come under the law, they will die, they will be swallowed up by darkness
- We were once in a prison of sin, bound by law that we could never fulfill
- in Exodus 21, immediately after Exodus 20, you see God’s heart, He gave a law regarding a servant
- this is the law regarding the Hebrew servant, Jesus
- Right from the foundations of the world, God has ordained Him to be a servant branch
- v. 4: Jesus could walk off free at anytime (He lived the perfect, sinless life), but He didn’t
- v. 5-6: He chose to stay because He loves His Father and He loves us
Jesus was pierced at the tree, at the gates of Damascus, outside the city.
Jesus was pierced so that He can wash away our sins.
The greatest way He has served you is that He’s washed away all your sins.
He ate up all our sin, unrighteousness, iniquities, guilt, shame, condemnation, all our sicknesses and diseases, every curse because He was pierced.
this is super long overdue! Cos I wanted to type out all the sermon notes first and now that’s done.
Marked Camp 2012 was a whole different experience firstly because I was serving in events this time round and secondly cos for Marked Camp 2010, I was barely 2 months in church and going to camp was more an experience thing, didn’t really know what to expect, but God, of course, over-answered, over-supplied. The theme in 2010 was “The Signature Life” and it was about having the wisdom of God and there was an altar call on restoration, I never thought that what I received at camp in 2010 would be multiplied so many times over in my life. It’s totally amazing.
Honestly, if anyone told me I would be serving in church again then, I wouldn’t believe them, I just wanted to attend and that’s it, didn’t even feel like forging new friendships because I’ve a bunch of friends who came over to NCC as well though they’re not attending CG (COCJB is a whole different story cos Pst CK is there and it’s a very familiar, comfortable relationship, doesn’t feel like serving, but more like doing things together with friends). But 2 years on and I’m thankful that Jesus brought a group of us girls together in that precious friendship and that my CG is close-knit, we meet often outside of the usual service & CG days, for suppers or movies and it’s just so fun and uplifting to hang out together. And serving; I was talking to Pst Dan once and he told me that the fact that I’ve stepped out to serve is already God’s restoration taking place cos it shows that I’ve received enough to start giving again, and serving in events ministry is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, love seeing the workings of God behind-the-scenes. Of course there’s also CG, one of my wishes for 2012 was to be more involved in CG and by that I didn’t mean leading holy communion, I wanted to do more admin, not on any platform sort of things, but Jesus decided otherwise, and honestly, leading holy comm is a privilege and it just shows me that His restoration is always better in quantity and quality.
I can’t wait to see what I received at Marked 2012 multiplied in my life soon!
So, on with it.
The groups were a mixed of different peeps from various CGs, and thank God mine had Eileen, Tanya, Jac & Kai :D
Spent the trip over to KL catching up with Eileen (cos, being busy with camp planning and all, didn’t actually get to talk to her much) and catching up on sleep. There was surprisingly no jam and we actually got there faster than that time when we did the recee, I guess that was God showing us favor even though we didn’t know that was the theme of the camp yet.
And it rained at the hotel quite a bit even though I’d checked the weather for the next few days and the forecast indicated that it’d be sunny throughout our trip, was just reminded of what Pst Dan shared at DTB when he said that God’s favor pours down like rain. AWESOME!
We’d a bit of time to rest, then it was prep for the mass games. It was awesome seeing everything come together (finally)! This took 2+ mths of prep which was incredible for such a complex and large scale game, planning for the game proper (aft brainstorming and narrowing down) took us about 7-8 weeks, and we could only do it cos it was Jesus doing it through us.
Say hello to the Chemiolux drug production line.
The Word on the first night was quite literally mind-blowing. Even though we’re all so familiar with the story of Joseph, Pst Dan showed us a fresh perspective of it, and I was just so blessed! I want the CDs out ASAP, I think this is one sermon I’ll just keep looping. Was actually thinking a lot about favor prior to coming to camp. I think God was preparing me for the Word, remembered one instance during events meeting where we were just talking about random stuff and I mentioned that my brother is in OCS and he’s never really had to do weekend guard duty even though he’s been there for almost a year now, and Darren said that’s unusual, and he thinks it’s because I’m so favored that it spreads to my family too. Never actually looked at it that way.
John 3:16 at Clementi at 7am (our group number was 16, which means love in biblical numerics so what better name than the ultimate verse on love?)
Pastor Joe shared the Word in the morning session! It was awesome!
Then we had mass games. Show time for what we’ve been planning for the past 2 mths! And it was chaos! We had all sorts of issues pop up, but cos Jesus is the center, it turned out well. I know that some people didn’t enjoy the game simply cos they’re not into these types of games, but I’d the most unexpected people (from my CG) say that they liked it and even some people who I don’t even know who told me they felt the game was high-level, well-executed and engaging. Praise Jesus! There’s definitely a lot we can improve on though.
The evening session was WOW. Ministering went on for quite a while and I’m amazed how specific the calls were, Jesus even dealt with long-time fears & ailments, it’s like, those are issues we could get used to and it’s just part of everyday life, but Jesus loves us so much that He doesn’t want it to be part of our lives. AMAZING. Felt so so loved. That was the day the first two of my camp expectations were fulfilled.
And after, Pst Dan shared about how when we have the revelation of Jesus for the purpose He was created, that of the eternal servant, that is when we receive the most favor. MIND-BLOWN!
We had men’s and women’s meeting in the morning which was supposed to end by 12.30pm or something, but ended at around 2.30pm, yes, we can go on and on about the same topics, but it was good!
Had a rehearsal for finale night that day too. Kudos to the amazing worship ministry who were so accommodating to the changes and of course, the rest of the awesome performers too! George’s item was hilarious!
Also had Q&A in the evening which was so fun! + our pastors and leaders are so real with their sharing.
We had more P&W and ministering after. Pst Dan did an altar call for those who were recently struggling with whether to go for full-time ministry or pursue the things of the world, and that’s so me. And he said, “the time to go full-time is now”.
After the sessions ended, Dev popped by to say hi cos he’s based in KL now. So good to see him! Great catching up with him, Dave and Vince. Glad to see that everyone’s moved on. Dev left at 2plus and Dave & I stayed on and chatted till almost 3am, he shared a bit about what it’s like in full-time ministry without knowing that I wanted to go full-time. Really amazed at how Jesus has transformed all our lives in this very short year and a half. I think if anyone would’ve told us we’ll be where we are at now, we’ll be shocked.
The last session of camp was EPIC. Ministering went on for almost 4 hours.
We sang “God of My Forever”, and gosh…the memories! this is a song used in zone meetings a lot for ministering at CHC, and it’s usually for calls like leadership, influence, serving, renewed consecration. Francine and I were just giving each other a look when we heard the opening chords.
Pst Dan led free-flow ministering again and went on to other songs, but after a while, he went back to “God of My Forever” and he gave an altar call for full time ministry AGAIN. And his words were “if this song speaks to you”. Seriously! OMG! God sure knows how to get my attention - the song, the altar call a second time, the sharing with Dave just the night before.
Indeed, “my greatest honor will always be to serve my Lord and King”.
So yes, waiting for the right time, right place and hello full-time ministry!
The team with Pst Dan. So blessed & honoured to serve with them, their spirit of excellence & heart for serving the campers just amazes me all the time. ❤s
Finale night was exciting to say the least. It was play-by-ear! But the night turned out well.
John 3:16 @ Finale Night!
Finally, a pic with the beloved Bishan St 24 CG! It was lovely seeing everyone all dressed up! And thanks Francine and Leah for helping us gals with hair and make-up!
The Marked’12 Programmes Team
We were meeting twice to three times a week, and I’ve learnt so much from each one of them. Serving together with them = priceless
Darren, the veteran! So much to learn about events from him.
Israel, really impressive heart for serving, always offering to help in whichever area that is needed. And his ideas are WOW.
Kev, our awesome programme I/C, can’t even begin to imagine how he handles all the different portions of the programmes.
Maurice who totally rushed out storyline and stuff before he’d to fly off for training, and then came back and jumped right back in. awesome!
Reuben and dude, where do those codes even come from??
Tanya and her script-writing/video/directing skills are EPIC!
Yiling, who always make sure we have our meals whenever she’s around, and though she’s busy with the roomings and all, she’s still supportive of the team and tries to be around as much as she can.
One of my absolute fav pics from Marked’12, always so amused at the varied expressions.
After Finale Night ended, we had extended P&W which ended at 1am? Then Tanya, Jansen, Francine, Mel & I decided to meet in our room and we chatted till 5plus. I wish I’d more time and energy to spend with my camp group, but I’m usually only comfortable with people I know well when I’m tired out, so sharing what we received during the past few days with the closer ones in CG was great!
The final day at camp! We’d breakfast and caught up with some of our group mates. Hui Min sat at our table and she remembered me from the time we met at the food court cos Israel was there. LOL. She sure has a good memory. Chatted with her about random stuff and somehow we touched on CHC and she said she knows of Vince and the rest too, and then I shared with her about wanting to go full-time, and she, Dave, and Sharon (who I talked to 15 mins after I finished talking to Hui Min) all said the same thing! That God will open the door and to just step in.
The trip back was again, smooth flowing traffic, so favored! We all left camp feeling so loved by Daddy God.
And it’s amazing that Marked Camp started on 1 May, beginning the month of grace with grace and camp ended on 5 May, grace x grace. It could’ve been any other date, but it wasn’t.
Nothing like 5 set-apart days spent just basking in Jesus’ presence and forging stronger kingdom friendships; camp > vacation.
Can’t wait for Marked Camp 2013! :D
Didn’t get to spam as many pictures this time round :( But it’s ok! there’s always more opportunities to hang out in SG.
It is a season of preparation and of favor.
God is going to work in your heart, He wants to get His favor on the inside of you.
It’s one thing to have the favor of God outside, around you, but when you have the favor of God inside you, your circumstances don’t matter because you carry the favor of God into that place.
Preparation time is never wasted time, it always precedes promotion.
For who has despised the day of small things?For these seven rejoice to seeThe plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel.They are the eyes of the Lord,Which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth.”
- don’t despise the days of small beginnings
Dreams are from God, visions and dreams are the language of the Holy Spirit, but be content and faithful at where you are at. Do what is in your hands and allow the dream to birth in your heart.
Faithfulness will position you for promotion.
Faithfulness is always part of God’s preparation; just do what God has placed in your hands.
The Lord is with you during the preparation, even through the challenging parts.
9 “And the patriarchs, becoming envious, sold Joseph into Egypt. But God was with him 10 and delivered him out of all his troubles, and gave him favor and wisdom in the presence of Pharaoh, king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.
- it doesn’t matter where you are, His favor will find you
- Favor found Joseph in the prison, found Moses in the desert
- Don’t look at the circumstances/challenges to determine whether God’s favor is on you
- Favor = God with you
- The key is being conscious of His presence with us
- When God is with you, He will deliver you out of ALL your troubles, even those of your own making
- God with you brings favor and wisdom
- Favor opens doors, but wisdom shows you which door to go through
- Favor doesn’t just promote you, it also protects you
- will keep you in the place of His good success for you
But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome One.Therefore my persecutors will stumble, and will not prevail.They will be greatly ashamed, for they will not prosper.Their everlasting confusion will never be forgotten.
- it is not about who you are but who’s (Jesus) with you
- when you are conscious of the Lord with you, your enemies flee seven ways
If the Lord delights (favors) in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, ‘a land which flows with milk and honey.’ 9 Only do not rebel against the Lord, nor fear the people of the land, for they are our bread; their protection has departed from them, and the Lord is with us. Do not fear them.”10 And all the congregation said to stone them with stones. Now the glory of the Lord appeared in the tabernacle of meeting before all the children of Israel.
- Because the Lord favors you, He will bring you into the promised land
- Joshua was conscious of the Lord with him, so the favor of God is upon his life
Joshua 6:1-21 (NLT)
Now Jericho was securely shut up because of the children of Israel; none went out, and none came in.2 And the Lord said to Joshua: “See! I have given Jericho into your hand, its king, and the mighty men of valor. 3 You shall march around the city, all you men of war; you shall go all around the city once. This you shall do six days. 4 And seven priests shall bear seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark. But the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets. 5 It shall come to pass, when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when you hear the sound of the trumpet, that all the people shall shout with a great shout; then the wall of the city will fall down flat. And the people shall go up every man straight before him.”6 Then Joshua the son of Nun called the priests and said to them, “Take up the ark of the covenant, and let seven priests bear seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark of the Lord.” 7 And he said to the people, “Proceed, and march around the city, and let him who is armed advance before the ark of theLord.”8 So it was, when Joshua had spoken to the people, that the seven priests bearing the seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the Lord advanced and blew the trumpets, and the ark of the covenant of the Lordfollowed them. 9 The armed men went before the priests who blew the trumpets, and the rear guard came after the ark, while the priests continued blowing the trumpets. 10 Now Joshua had commanded the people, saying, “You shall not shout or make any noise with your voice, nor shall a word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I say to you, ‘Shout!’ Then you shall shout.” 11 So he had the ark of the Lordcircle the city, going around it once. Then they came into the camp and lodged in the camp.12 And Joshua rose early in the morning, and the priests took up the ark of the Lord. 13 Then seven priests bearing seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark of the Lord went on continually and blew with the trumpets. And the armed men went before them. But the rear guard came after the ark of theLord, while the priests continued blowing the trumpets. 14 And the second day they marched around the city once and returned to the camp. So they did six days.15 But it came to pass on the seventh day that they rose early, about the dawning of the day, and marched around the city seven times in the same manner. On that day only they marched around the city seven times. 16 And the seventh time it happened, when the priests blew the trumpets, that Joshua said to the people: “Shout, for the Lord has given you the city! 17 Now the city shall be doomed by theLord to destruction, it and all who are in it. Only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all who are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent. 18 And you, by all means abstain from the accursed things, lest you become accursed when you take of the accursed things, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. 19 But all the silver and gold, and vessels of bronze and iron, areconsecrated to the Lord; they shall come into the treasury of the Lord.”20 So the people shouted when the priests blew the trumpets. And it happened when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat. Then the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. 21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, ox and sheep and donkey, with the edge of the sword.
- Jericho was a huge city, they could run chariot races on the walls, it looked impossible, but they were conscious that the Lord is with them
- they carried the ark with them; they carried Jesus, walked with Jesus everywhere that they went
- "ram’s horn" = finished work
- when they blow the ram’s horn, they are proclaiming the finished work of Jesus, being conscious of Jesus and what He’s done in your life
- when you are conscious of the Lord’s presence with you, no wall will stand in your life
- it doesn’t matter how impossible the situation looks, when the Lord is with you, He will cause you to have good success and victory
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say:“The Lord is my helper;I will not fear.What can man do to me?”
- The Lord is with you and He is your helper. There is potential to fear, but God is your helper.
Romans 8:31 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Jesus is the Word made flesh
When you meditate, you practice the presence of the Lord
Psalm 30:5 (NLT)
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.
- His favor lasts a lifetime because the anger, wrath, judgement of God was consumed in the body of Jesus at the cross.